Thank you for considering Excel Academy Public Charter School for your daughter’s educational needs and for allowing us to share with you the benefits and opportunities available at our school!
In an effort to review and process your student’s enrollment packet in an efficient and timely manner and to have our records in compliance, all forms must be turned into the Registrar’s Office by a Parent or Legal Guardian.
There are several required documents that will need to be provided along with the completed registration packet. We have included the following list below for your convenience.
Please note – Enrollment BEGINS on Monday, April 3rd 2017
* New Students
OSSE Enrollment Guideline:
Below are the SY 2017–18 guidelines for verifying residency.
- A pay stub issued within the past 45 days showing DC tax withholdings, displaying the name and current address;
- Proof of financial assistance from the Government of the District of Columbia (i.e., TANF, Medicaid, SCHIP, Housing, etc.) issued within the past 12 months, displaying your name and current address;
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income) annual benefits notification issued within the past 12 months, displaying your name and current address;
- A copy of Form D40 certified by the DC Office of Tax and Revenue displaying your name;
- Official military housing orders, displaying your name, the student’s name, and residency or home address in DC including but not limited to the DEERS statement;
- Proof that the child is a ward of the District of Columbia in the form of a court order or official documentation from DC Child and Family Services Agency; or
- Embassy letter dated April 1, 2016 or later, showing the name of the caregiver enrolling the student, a statement indicating that the caregiver and the student currently live on embassy property in the District of Columbia or reside on DC property approved by the embassy during the relevant school year, and an unofficial seal.
If you do not have any of the documents listed above, you can use any two (2) of the following documents. (The address and name on each of the below items must be the same.)
- District of Columbia-issued Driver’s License or nondriver’s identification, displaying your name and current address;
- Unexpired lease or rental agreement, displaying your name and current address, with a payment receipt for a period within 2 months;
- Utility (gas, electric, water) bill, displaying your name and current address, with a payment receipt or canceled check for payment of the bill for a period within 2 months; and/or
- DC Vehicle Registration, displaying your name and current address.
Or none of the items listed above because one of the following applies:
- The student is currently homeless and the school’s homeless liaison has provided the appropriate homeless referral documentation to the Office of the State Superintendent of Education;
- The person enrolling the student has consented to a home visit. The school can come to your home to verify your child lives at the address.