UNIFORM GUIDELINES to maximize time on task and decrease attention towards outside distractions, Excel Academy girls are expected to adhere to a formal Dress Code. Anything deemed inappropriate or distracting by the administration may also be added to this policy. Clothing must be sized appropriately to fit the student. Clothes may not be too big, too small, too short, or too tight. Students in the building or participating in off-campus activities are expected to be in Dress Code, including school performances, field trips (unless otherwise indicated), or during after school events.
Tops: (Polo Shirts Preferred)
- [Pre-K3 – Kinder] Light Yellow polo, short or long-sleeved, solid color
- [1st – 4th] Light Blue polo, short or long-sleeved, solid color
- [5th – 8th] White or Grey polo, short or long-sleeved, solid color
Navy Blue sweaters or cardigans (optional)
- All short bottoms must reach the knee
- Pre-K3 – 4th: Navy Blue bottoms; jumpers, pants, shorts, skirts, or skorts
- 5th – 8th: Khaki bottoms; pants, or skirts – (No Shorts)
- All Scholars: White or Navy Blue solid color socks or tights (no patterns or logos) – (optional)
- Black Soft-soled, closed-toed gym shoes (no boots or heels)
- Snow and rain boots may be worn to school during inclement weather and must be changed before going to class
- Belts must be black, or navy blue (optional)
Excel Academy scholars are not permitted to wear:
- Hooded sweatshirts and outerwear in the building. Scholars must remove coats, jackets, and non-uniform outerwear upon entering the classroom
- Denim tops/bottoms of any color.
- Tops or bottoms with patterns, designs, logos, stripes, or polka dots.
- Shoes with heels
- Non-religious headwear, hats, scarves, or bandanas
- The make-up of any kind (including lip gloss)
It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their scholar is in the proper uniform every day. You must agree to comply with the Excel Academy Dress Code. Your scholar will not be permitted to begin the school day if she comes to school out of uniform. When possible, students will need to remove all items that violate the uniform policy. If a scholar’s shirt, pants/dress, or shoes do not meet uniform requirements, they will be given neutral cover-ups to place over the inappropriate attire for the day. Scholars with recurring uniform violations will not be permitted to attend school until they are in the correct uniform.